Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lawanda's Blush Bolero

There is a huge trend right now of wedding gowns with unfinished organza ruffles or layers. Like so....
This one happens to be from Vera Wang's White Collection at David's Bridal.

    Lawanda fell in love with it, but wanted a little something to cover her shoulders with. Sadly, they only had boleros in white or ivory. Nothing in that pretty blush shade that she fell in love with. I knew that it would be tough to find an organza in that shade and I really didn't want to get her hopes up before I made any promises. It was 11 days before I'd found the perfect organza for her.
   In the meantime, Lawanda asked that I make a fascinator and veil as well. So I started on those first.


I wanted the bolero to have many of the same qualities that the gown did without it looking like some strange bird. This is what I settled on. 


A few days later she wrote me this, "I got my bolero, veil and fascinator today...I am in love...I cried when I saw it..I can't believe you took so much time and made it just like my dress..everything is so awesome!!! Thank you so much for everything! I will send you pictures of the big day!!!"

Lawanda's Big Day



This design is now available in my shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment